Thursday, March 16, 2006

Kudos to the Georgia State Senate

Last night I wrote this to my Senator, Curt Thompson of Norcross:

Senator Thompson,

I just read the AJC story about the State Senate voting to honor Jane Fonda. I can’t think of anything more disgusting to many my age and older. I’m 50 so I just missed the Vietnam war, but I certainly know how much Fonda’s actions hurt many of my friends and relatives. Please vote to turn this down when you vote to reconsider in the morning.

This morning I received this response:

I did. It was voted down 48 to 1.

As much as RW-(the original) would like to take full credit for this, the vote count seems to indicate that word spread quickly last night. I don't know if the story which says 38-1 or the Senators response that says 48-1 is the accurate number, but decisive by any measure. How do you decide whether to trust the count of the AJC of the count of a politician anyway?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?