Tuesday, March 07, 2006

RW-(the original) looks beyond the headlines...

...and sometimes even beyond the story to find tidbits of news. In this story about President Bush asking for a modified version of the line item veto that the Supreme Court struck down in 1998, I have found proof that John Kerry is taking his Presidential campaign bus out for another spin.

And Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., who promoted a similar approach in his presidential campaign against Bush in 2004, immediately jumped on board.

"It's no secret that President Bush and I don't agree on much, but I fully support giving him the line-item veto," Kerry said. "I'm going to introduce this legislation, Congress should immediately pass it, and I want to see President Bush use this veto pen to get tough on wasteful spending."

The version of the veto President Bush is asking for does seem to be a good idea and probably would pass as Constitutional. I would also like to see an end to omnibus spending bills and narrowing the scope of any spending bill so that the pork didn't get in there so easily to begin with.

I bet we can figure out where a President John Kerry would have exercised this option.
This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of our U.S. Armed Forces?

U.S. forces armed with what? Spitballs?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?