Thursday, April 13, 2006

This will be the last Harry Reid post before I take vacation.

Well maybe! It depends on whether he opens his mouth again before then. This exchange is a few days old, but too good to pass up.

Quick Loop Quiz! When is a lectern a car, a chair and a BlackBerry?

Answer: When Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) gives a late-night, way-too-late-night speech on immigration on the Senate floor Thursday.

"Mr. President, no matter how many times I call this lectern a car, it does not matter, this is not a car," Reid said. "This is a lectern, used here in the Senate for us to put our papers on and deliver a speech. This is not a car. If I come to the Senate floor and, day after day, hour after hour, call this a car, it is not a car. It is a lectern. If I come to this Senate floor day after day and say what the Democrats have done is unusual, unwarranted, unbelievable, it is wrong, it is as wrong as this lectern being called a car.

". . . The leader and I have gone back and forth so many times today that we are beating paths to our offices. There is no need that we -- I apologize to the chair and to Senator Byrd. I hope he's not watching. My BlackBerry. It went off a couple times, and I lost my concentration. I hope this legislation will move forward tomorrow. I know people feel that this lectern is a chair, but it is not. This is the Senate."

Then he sat down and drove off.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?