Friday, June 23, 2006

Cartoonists that get it-Thank God!

Soldier's Burden

Comments:
Great shading technique!

But Seriously, They can take it. Not only are they soldiers, but they are Americans. We take the hits and keep on coming.
 
DavidU,

I know that ones you say drink too much battery acid would say this cartoon shows our soldiers using human shields.

Are you going to scold the first person that goes off topic?
 
that the ones
 
RW- No, I think they would say that you have depicted the Koran as a little black book, and thus: "NO 72 Virgins For YOU" Mister!

On a side note: relating to shading....the flag is backwards.
 
DavidU,

I think they have the flag right.
 
That makes no sense. There must be a reson for it. But it still makes no sense.
 
"The full-color U.S. flag cloth replica is worn so that the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

The rule dates back to the Army's early history, when both mounted cavalry and infantry units would designate a standard bearer, who carried the Colors into battle. As he charged, his forward momentum caused the flag to stream back. Since the Stars and Stripes are mounted with the canton closest to the pole, that section stayed to the right, while the stripes flew to the left."


You learn something everyday.
 
finally someone showing the true burdens carried by our service personnel. this country has too many causes that we deem more important than the safety of our military. in the past, we fought an enemy that wore a uniform and you could identify your enemy. now the enemy is the next door neighbor. civilians have always been casilties in war (not just our wars and our military, but since the beginning of the human race.

why in war do we have to always be held to a different standard than the enemy. does that make us "better" or more "superior" to our foe? when did my soldier's life become less important than my enemies? thank you liberal tree hugging fu*ks, er, i mean fools who devalue the lives of our military.
 
Now the press dude is the REAL culprit. Him and the Ayatollah or mullah or sheikh or whatever the hell they call themselves...
 
El Patro,

Somehow I think the journalist and the mad mullahs will stand up and take notice when they see your latest avatar.
 
Al Gore just said, on David Letterman, that the science of global warming is over and that scientists had come to a complete consensus that global warming was real and man made.

Excuse me? I bet everybody on this site can find a story that disputes that.
 
mgc,

How did I miss your great post earlier? I've got to quit blog-hopping so much.

Well said and those of us that cyber-know you know that you resisted cheapening it by having those libs hung trees instead of hugging them.

Although "tree hungers" is one of my all time favorites.
 
rw,
i am pissed off at those tree hungers too! bastards! and now i have to hear this idoit hunger angelides tell me he is going to solve all of the problems in this state. funny thing is that he fails to let everyone know that he has already made a plan of raising taxes to the tune of 10 billion dollars. that is all we need here is more taxes! maybe we could send only libs over to fight this war on terror... let's see how fast they change their story and start shooting anyone who has breath! fuc*ers!!!! (sorry to swear, but i am a little upset...could you tell?)
 
I saw this cartoon somewhere in my blog adventures. Loved it.

I'm getting lost in blogoworld, can't remember where I left posts, don't know where to look for responses. I did find one though, down below.

RW/DavidU:

"Adorable Duo" - O.K., one of you guys is gonna have to claim the identity of "The Boy Wonder" and the other, "Batman". Remember the ml cartoon where they were holding hands? I'll leave you guys to fight it out.

DavidU: Are you a burgeoning artist? Me, too.

BTW, I sent a scathing e-mail to that condescending Angela Tuck at the AJC for her response (saw it at lgf) to ml's "Cartoon of Too Many Names" BS. It was a good one. Loaded with sarcasm & disrespect. I'm breathing easier.

Also, did anybody pick up on the different attitude within 24 hours on TB-4YS?'s post. Left my mind boggled. But fun is fun. I can enjoy that with anybody.
 
It was this paragraph in AngelaT's letter that I responded to and I can't italicize here so....:


Depicting a U.S. figure wearing a hood like those worn by terrorists caused Luckovich's intended message to "be lost on some readers," myself included. When I first saw the cartoon, I "wondered" if he was equating the actions of U.S. troops with al-Qaida, which in my mind is a totally inappropriate comparison and "one I can't imagine him making."

Comments in quotes stood out for me. It's the nuanced crap I can't tolerate.
 
OO,

That was quite a personality transplant. I sent you a message about that. Let me know when you get it.

That paragraph sets me off every time I read it.
 
oo- "Remember the ml cartoon where they were holding hands? I'll leave you guys to fight it out."

Yes, I do remember. So I'll be Superman. But I'd rather be Wolverine, but sadly he was not pictured in the cartoon.
 
DavidU,

I don't really think I want to be a character from an ml cartoon.

This isn't the best time to be Superman either, so you might want to give that some thought. Or I guess you could head to Piedmont Park and sign autographs.
 
Blah.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?