Tuesday, June 05, 2007

PARDON SCOOTER NOW!!

President Bush,

Would you please read these words of your possible successor and do the right thing? You're detractors hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they'll hate you tomorrow no matter your decision, so why not just do the right thing?

THOMPSON: I'd do it now. This is a trial that never would have been brought in any other part of the world. This is a miscarriage of justice.

One man and his wife and 14-year-old and 10-year-old children are bearing the brunt of a political maelstrom here that produced something that never should have come about.

These people knew in the very beginning — the Justice Department, this Justice Department and the special counsel knew in the very beginning that the thing that was creating the controversy, who leaked Valerie Plame's name, did not constitute a violation of the law.

And then they knew that it — someone did leak the name. And it was Mr. Armitage. It wasn't Scooter Libby.

But he evidently wasn't a designated bad guy, so they passed over that and spent the next year drilling in a dry well and finally got some inconsistencies or some failure to remember out of Mr. Libby and made a prosecution out of it and went to trial on a he-said, she-said perjury case and faulty memory, when practically every witness in the trial either had inconsistent statements, told the FBI one thing, told the grand jury something else, inconsistent between the witnesses that were presented at the case, and sometimes both.

And yet at the end of the day, the only person that the jury got an opportunity to pass judgment on was Scooter Libby. It's not fair. And I would do anything that I could to alleviate that.

Comments:
RW,

I just caught a snippet of Brit Hume tonight but Nina Easton suggested that Bush should/could pardon him to make some amends with all the conservatives who are so p*$$ed off at him right now over immigration.

I hope she's right.

When does Valerie get charged with lying to Congress?
 
Buy Danish,

Don't know how I got here. I never could before. Not good at internet procedures (obviously).

I certainly agree with RW about the Scooter Libby trial. What a farce they made of justice. Dems finally got what they wanted, someone from Cheney's office.

I think Valerie is out of the picture. Like Cindy Sheehan, she is no longer valuable to them.
 
WALLACE: I read one article that said that the timetable was you would make a decision by May.

THOMPSON: I don't know where that came from. I've never said that.

Damn, Fred's already a candidate for "conviction" by the Democrats standards.

RW:

You know I like Rudy. Being female and possessing a tender heart, I find myself harboring resentment that Fred is waiting so long to enter the race while Rudy is already out there taking the heat, but...

Fred obviously believes that all is fair in politics and war, so maybe he's just what we need to hold off the Democrats for another eight years. After that Giuliani is primed for another eight.

Thompson/Giuliani in '08.

Bad cop/good cop could serve us well.

Bush may as well pardon Scooter now. He really has nothing to lose.

Buy Danish:

Shouldn't your avatar be getting progressively darker with all those trips to the pool.

Hey Dusty, I'm so glad you found your way back here. I've missed you.
 
@@,

Maybe he's trying to bring some sanity back to the process. We really shouldn't go from midterm to Presidential race with no break.

Is Guiliani young enough to serve the next 16 years?
 
Amen to your first paragraph RW. I'm already bored with the repetition. Same questions...same answers.

Is Guiliani young enough to serve the next 16 years?

You're probably right. I don't even know how old he is, but he sho' looks good to me. Maybe you should ask his wife.

(ISH)
 
We'll have no problem processing those Z Visas for millions of illegals.

SARC

Just look at what a great job we're doing with passports!
 
Buy Danish:

The liberals talk a good game about making sacrifices in the interest of environmental issues, but I bet they would be the first one to scream about the inconveniences.

I found this in your link.

Routine service takes about 10-15 weeks

Expedited services are available for an additional $60, plus overnight delivery cost; takes about 4 weeks

So if they can do it in four weeks, why aren't they? Why should the cost be additional?

My daughter has hers and is on her way to a summer studies program at Cambridge in the U.K. She's going a week early to spend time with a guy friend who is stationed in Italy.

She's very excited. I'm not. The timing sucks.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?