Monday, July 30, 2007

A War We Might Just Win

Here is the most important thing Americans need to understand: We are finally getting somewhere in Iraq, at least in military terms. As two analysts who have harshly criticized the Bush administration’s miserable handling of Iraq, we were surprised by the gains we saw and the potential to produce not necessarily “victory” but a sustainable stability that both we and the Iraqis could live with.

After the furnace-like heat, the first thing you notice when you land in Baghdad is the morale of our troops. In previous trips to Iraq we often found American troops angry and frustrated — many sensed they had the wrong strategy, were using the wrong tactics and were risking their lives in pursuit of an approach that could not work.

Today, morale is high. The soldiers and marines told us they feel that they now have a superb commander in Gen. David Petraeus; they are confident in his strategy, they see real results, and they feel now they have the numbers needed to make a real difference.


Hat Tip Hot Air

Comments:
Isn't it nice to be able to return from vacation and post some good news.

I stumbled on a site that offered a 50% off subscription to Stratfor. Yay. I'm back in at the original price.

Lots of things happening over in the surrounding ME. Some good. Some precarious.

This is @@ coming to you from the Middle East with the latest developments in the region. Back to you RW.

No fish to fry, grill, broil?

Goodnight.
 
RW,

I hope you caught a lot of fish on that vacation!

A blog commentator at this threat at Hot Air made an interesting point about this.

Apparently Rush said there was something "fishy" about this story (I'll have to check my Rush in a Hurry email as I haven't heard him in weeks). The Hot Air commentator opined that the Dems are going to claim that if not for their bickering we would not have changed course in Iraq.
 
who woulda thought? not so fast...the calm before the storm.

perseverance and patience will win.
 
Danish, I don't know how the Democrats could claim all success was due to their efforts when it's all over the printed page and the blogosphere that they've been opposing their own efforts even after the surge.

Damn that written word.

Hi JayNot, I hope all is well with you.

Getalife, if you're lurking here, are you by any chance Doom? :-P
 
@@,

It's funny, but it occurred to me tonight as I was scrolling through MLs that Getalife is the Doomster.

Okay, that's settled!

As for the "written word", hah! Most of them claimed there were WMDs and in Iraq and now deny it.

All that matters is how they spin it.
 
Oops, I forgot!

HI JNJ!
 
Hi Buy Danish and @@. Hope all is well.

Just an observation from overthere, but the mountain goat has to be the am vet.
 
I want to hear how the libs are going to kill Osama (if he's not already dead) in Pakistan.

I guess we'll find out next year? They will likely hold their breath.

Monday morning quarterbacks are so so wise.

Apparently they never realized that Tora Bora was a couple of years before Iraq?
 
Hi'ya JayNot. If I were a betting gal, I'd say you're correct.

Huge/N-GA/AmVet/JJG/OotMVoD. Sometimes I'll stumble onto something, check it out, but most of the time I don't care.

I've gotta go take a layer of dust off in the shower. I cut the dirt today. :-)
 
Look who's back. Just checkin' in on ya... How's it been?
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?